When I travel, I suffer from major Street Style FOMO. In an act of self-leadership, I do two things. I research the street style at my destination. I plan my outfits ahead on a whiteboard like this.
That way, I ‘set it and forget it’ and I’m much more ‘present’ for the experience I have travelled thousands of miles for. So, here is my master packing list for Barcelona November 28th to December 12th.
I have two major things happening in Spain: I’m hosting 2 client VIP Days to work on their storytelling and content strategy. I have a birthday dinner at a restaurant that I have waited to get a reservation at since 2017. El Cellar de Can Roca consistently ranks at the top of the “World’s 50 Best Restaurants” list and is about an hour train ride from Barcelona. Before I dive into the specifics, I create a packing strategy.
I am sticking to one basic color palette: espresso, which is very on trend this season, and black. I’ll add in pops of color with scarves and jewellery.
I’m considering the temperatures which will be a high of 60, low of 49.
I’m considering the activities I will be doing: Client strategy, casual dinners, lunches, breakfasts, touring, yoga, train, plane, formal dinner.
I’m considering the length of the trip: I’ll be gone for 15 days.
Knowing the answers to these items help me create the Master Packing List.
Client Strategy Days
For outfits while I’m working with my client, I want to look professional, but I also want to be warm and be able to comfortable. Here are some my picks:
- Outfit 1: For my base, I pair this high ruffle blouse from Sandro Paris and black pants from MM LeFleur for the days I need to go from boardroom to dinner. I can take the Nadaam cashmere sweater off for the evening. The topper is this wool blazer from Ralph Lauren and Naturalizer boots in caramel. What I love about this grey leather bag from M. Gemi is that it is convertible from hand bag to backpack. My laptop fits inside.
- Outfit 2: My base is a this Paco cashmere oversized tee from Reformation, paired with a knee length midi skirt from Banana Republic. The topper is this lady jacket from Mango and an oversized camel colored wrap from J.Crew, paired with my Naturalizer boots in black. Accessories are these Bottega rip off earrings I bought from Amazon for an amzing $11.00 on Prime Day, my Ferragamo belt, and this tall Cuyana tote. The handles are convertible from over-the-shoulder to a hand tote. My laptop fits inside.
- Outfit 3: This outfit is a slight departure from my color scheme, but is my airport outfit and good for the day we are doing a private tour of Gaudi’s works in Barcelona with Jordana. The base is this ‘can’t live without’ shirt from Frank and Eileen. So soft and comfortable, I wear them constantly. MM LeFleur pants and my Naadam cashmere sweater. Accessories include Chanel sunglasses, an Epice scarf from Paris, my steadies (Nike sneakers) and the M.Gemi bag.
- Outfit 4: The base is a cashmere camel turtleneck from J. Crew, MM Lefleur pants. The topper is my Ralph Lauren Coat paired with the oversized cashmere wrap. Accessories include earrings from Turkey, black Cuyana bag, and Naturalizer boots.
The majority of my days in between will be days to walk the city, try out different yoga classes on Classpass Barcelona (you get a free month in any country to try out different studios), and getting things at the market to make in my Airbnb. For these days:
- Outfit 1: My base is my J. Crew cashmere sweater in black, jeans from Banana Republic. My topper is this Duvet Wrap Puffer Vest from the Gap. Matt says I look like a samurai fighter in it. Accessories include my NY Yankees hat (never leave home without it), Nike kicks, and my Athleta cross body bag, which surprisingly fits alot of stuff.
- Outfit 2: I love this striped Breton from Boden and jeans. It layers nicely under my Reiss leather jacket. I can wear my Epice scarf to keep out a stiff draft.
- Outfit 3: The base here is my second ‘can’t live without’ Frank and Eileen shirt, and light Banana Republic jeans. My Reformation sweater doubles as a sweater vest over top. My Puffer Vest is the topper. Accessories are the M. Gemi bag and Nike kicks.
- Outfit 4: My workout gear. Athleta long line bra in Navy and Olive, matching salutation stash tights in Navy and Fern. A long sleeved coverup shirt from . The topper is my puffer vest and Athleta cross body bag..
I get to spice things up a bit at night.. Here are a couple of outfit ideas:
- Outfit 1: An off-the-shoulder sweater dress from Reiss. Chic but comfy when paired with a gold necklace. For evening, my Reiss leather jacket is the topper. I will carry a Carolina Herrera iPad case that doubles as a clutch and matches my caramel colored Naturalizer boots.
- Outfit 2: Off-the-shoulder is clearly a thing with me. I pair this jersey top from Ralph Lauren, with Mango slacks with a tuxedo stripe down the side. My Reiss leather jacket is the topper.
Remember, this is just a guide. Feel free to adjust the list to suit your needs. Happy packing!