Fear of Public Speaking?
Workshop for Leaders
Next Thursday, we have created an event for anyone who has ever wanted to be a better an able bodied public speaker and command a room. Plus a podcast for anyone who has ever asked themselves, how can I be more?
In-person workshop Thursday 6-8pm
Great public speakers attract opportunities. Why? Speaking makes you visible. You’re in front of the room, so that’s rather obvious. But the fact is that your credibility is enhanced. You become an expert. Next Thursday, LadyDrinks member and PROFESSIONAL SPEAKER Robyn Hatcher teaches “Investigating Your Signature Speech.”
We will talk about the ability to influence others. We will talk about persuasion, taking people from one point and moving them to another.
- 20 minutes: Discover your “Why,” “Who” and “What” – Clarify your topic, your audience and your purpose for speaking
- 30 minutes: Create your “How” – Learn how to structure and outline an engaging presentation and how to create and incorporate story into your talk.
- 30 minutes: Polishing your “How to” – Tips and exercises on how to strengthen your delivery skills. – Body language and vocal tone.
- 40 minutes: Practice, feedback and questions
I gave a keynote to 1600 women hoteliers in San Diego this past April. Through that opportunity, I met so many wonderful and giving South Asian business women, including Silpa Patel. What I admire most her is her transparency. She has struggled with clinical depression and anxiety. Today she is in business development with Stigma Zero, a unique online training program she designed to help companies of all sizes end the stigma of mental illness in the workplace. And, given her long affiliation with the hospitality industry, she’s made the resource available on Marriott’s platform. This week’s LadyDrinks Member Spotlight is on Silpa Patel.
READ THIS WEEK’S MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
We announce the vendors who will be participating in the LadyDrinks Small Business Diwali Bazaar
- Monika Anush #LeZazzuResort, Resort wear
- Niti Agarwal Tinted Teal, Traditional Indian Jewellery
- Jaya Subramanian Mi Tesoro, Boho chic Jewellery
- Sweta Gandhi Carmanya.co, Leather Goods
- Evelyn Subramaniam WWW.BIJAESSENCE.COM, Skin care
- Sanketa Jain EatKraveLove, Catering
- Devanshi Shah www.devannu.com, Home decor
- Aditi Menon www.menonregen.com, skincare
- Jharna Jaisinghani www.artistic-affairsny.com, event planning
- Neha Khullar www.palatepassport.net, cookbook, recipes
- Simran Khiantani KAKHI Designs, Stationery
- Dharini Kothari Dhashi lifestyle, Apparel
- Renuka Udasi www.trufills.com, Indian inspired truffles
- Meerika Khanna www.earthyskin.com, skincare
This Diwali, we have the answer. Come shop for all your Diwali gifting needs at the LadyDrinks Small Business Bazaar at Luminary 1204 Broadway, 6pm-8pm .
Vendors went through an application process. A committee decided on the final list. And now all you have to do is SHOP! and support a woman owned business.
Light food and drinks will be provided for the ticket price.
|RSVP TO SHOP AT THE LADYDRINKS DIWALI BAZAAR|